Our purpose is to endow and support the future needs of our church’s ministry and mission by encouraging our members to remember Lizella UMC in their wills, trusts, retirement accounts and life insurance designations. Lizella UMC members give generously of their time and resources to support Lizella UMC’ vision of partnering with people to grow as followers of Jesus Christ. The Legacy Ministry provides these generous members with the opportunity to further this vision through planned giving.
Why do we give in this way? To provide permanent, financial gifts that will help support the future ministry of our church. The principal of these gifts is held in perpetuity with the income made available as needed for ministries of the church. This will allow persons to leave a legacy for future generations to assure that making disciples will go on forever.
Leaving Your Legacy
Our mission reflects that of the United Methodist Church: to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. As a member of the church, you have committed to support Lizella UMC through your prayers, presence, gifts (offerings), talents and witness. A gift to the Lizella UMC Legacy Ministry is one way of furthering your lifetime commitment and stewardship by remembering the church in your will or trust or as a designated beneficiary of another asset. A Legacy Gift is a way to provide support to the church’s mission and ministries in the future.
The Permanent Endowment Fund we have established through the Georgia Methodist Foundation ensures the long-range financial growth and sustainability of our church. To do this, the Legacy Ministry has established various types of funds.
Secure the Future
The existing funds cover a broad spectrum of ministries, missions and future needs. Some of these funds include:
- General Endowment Fund: For ongoing ministry needs as determined by the elected leadership of the church.
- Missions Fund: For ministries beyond the local church in the community or the world missions of the church.
- Music Ministry Fund: For support of our music programming, which includes the choir and our worship team, as well as other aspects of the music ministry.
- Children’s Ministry Fund: For support of ministry in the Children’s program.
- Youth Ministry Fund: For support of ministry in the Youth program.
- Building & Ground Fund: For maintenance, care, improvement and construction of physical facilities, including furnishings or equipment and the purchase of additional property.
- Named Fund: With a minimum gift of $20,000, you may name an endowment fund in memory or honor of a loved one.
Creation of new funds that align with Lizella UMC’s goals and your intent is an option as well.
Looking to Give?
Click Here to find out about the many ways you can give.